Friday, November 1, 2013

1996.....

The year 1996 was one with lots of things to remember! Stick with me here & you'll see it's all good stuff! & it ties to today!

My first memory is probably spending Father's Day at the hospital visiting my dad just 2 days after he had major surgery. He was doing fine, in fact flirting with all the nurses, receiving a lot of special attention & having a good time!

My next memory is the passing of my grandmother in August. Grandma was just 3 months away from her 91st birthday when she went to be with the Lord. She had been well until just a few weeks before her passing so it was a blessing she did not suffer long. I will always remember her telling me when she was in her eighties that it was going to be ok when she went to be with the Lord, she was ready and she had already lived more years on this earth than the bible said she was expected to. She didn't want me to be sad when she was gone.

Then in October my nephew Jason was born. He was one of those happy kids right from the beginning! He is seventeen now, a senior in high school and has a gentle, kind soul. He's an A student, a star football player, & a great big brother.

Then on November 1, 1996 Doug & I got married! We flew to Las Vegas on my birthday and got married in a civil ceremony at noon the next day. We went to the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch afterwards.

When Doug & I started talking about marriage in the summer of 1996 I told him I wasn't going to get married unless it was going to be a forty year deal! And I was serious! Well this is year # 17 so we are almost half way there! We have shared so many things, good times, sad times, the oh my gosh you didn't do that times and now I can't remember what is was like before we were married. We are so very blessed to have a life full of love and caring and sharing. So to my forever sweetheart, Thank You!
Hugs, Love & Blessings to all!
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment