Saturday, October 5, 2013

Baking & Crafting! I love Saturdays!

My day started with baking some banana bread. Yes! the kind where you measure flour, sugar, add eggs & milk! Like most, I have dozens of cookbooks with Banana Bread recipes but I always use the recipe I got from my friend's husband probably 20 years ago! My friend Ann does not like bananas at all! and really hates how they smell! I actually find this funny! So when her husband John wants banana bread he has to make it himself! Ann & John have lived in Pennsylvania for the past 17 years and I miss them a lot but making this bread makes me feel like we are still connected. Then I start remembering other unique things, like John telling me that you should never put milk in a glass beer mug! He seems to think beer in a mug that has been used for milk just doesn't taste right!
When the breads came out of the oven it was time to leave & join my friends for some holiday crafting! I have some very talented, very creative friends! My wonderful friend Heather Plotzke created this pretty Fall medallion. I love the rosette and the burlap ribbon!
Thank you to all my wonderful friends! I had a wonderful Fall day!
Hugs,
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment