Sunday, August 11, 2013

Easy Buffalo Chicken!

I love Buffalo Chicken Wings - but I hate frying because of the mess, expense & calories.
So a few summers ago I started grilling my wings & love the results.
Lately chicken wings seem a little pricy in the stores where I live so I decided to try something new today.
I took split chicken breasts and removed the nice big meaty portion, took off the skin and cut them in strips. Then I prepared them the same way I do my grilled wings by placing them in a glass dish & sprinkling them with Lawry's Season Salt, black pepper & paprika. Then I sprinkled them with Frank's Red Hot Sauce. I didn't have time tonight to let them sit like I usually do with the wings so I was also a little concerned they might get too dry on the grill. To prevent that I took 1/4 cup of butter & a quarter cup of Franks and heated them together to make a sauce for basting while they cooked. They turned out amazing! We ate them with celery & blue cheese dressing just like Buffalo Chicken Wings in Buffalo New York! And since we could eat them with a knife & fork there was no mess!
Tomorrow for lunch I plan on trying them cold with the blue cheese to see how I like that!
I hope they are as good cold as hot!
Hugs!
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment